Tuesday 26 November 2013

What We Learned Today...November 26th

Report Card Day!

The day that every student looks forward to has finally come. No, it's not the last day of school.  It's Report Card Day!! What....you're not excited about it? Well maybe it's just me because it means they're finally done.  My Bad!!

We started off our morning with AR from 9:08 to 9:38 before moving on to ELA.  *Our class is now up to 4.3 AR points per student for the month of November.  If every student continues to do their part and read for at least 30 minutes per day, we'll reach our goal in no time.  In ELA, the students continued to present their "Youtube Hero" Assignments to the rest of the class.  Once we finished up with the presentations, the students each filled out an anonymous term one reflection about our classroom.  These reflections asked the students to write about what they've enjoyed so far this year, what they would change to help them learn better and what they would like to see more of next term.   I believe these relflections are incredibly important to help me grow in my teaching as well as our classroom environment moving forward.  Even though I'm a teacher, I'm still a learner too.  I continually learn how to do my job better each and every day and these reflections will help me to do just that!

In Grade 8 Math we continued to work on IXL because we were missing quite a few students who were at Full Band.  Tomorrow we will continue to work on converting Fractions, Decimals and Percents.  If you've forgot what we were working on last week, I've posted a little refresher below:
 
 
After lunch the students had a brief Phys. Ed class before heading to the gym for our Holodomor Liturgy.   Shortly after arriving back to our classroom we had Science and learned about two new types of Consumers: Scavengers and Decomposers.  We will be working on a lab tomorrow where the students will actually get the opportunity to grow a decomposer in a bag.  During the last hour of the day the students had Health and they continued to work on their Personality Profiles. 
 
Note about Report Cards: I have attempted to pack them with as much detail as I could. Besides the report card you will also receive a spread-sheet of all of the assignments and tests that I gave to your daughter / son for every class that I taught to them.It is a useful method to start a discussion about what is working well and / or what improvements need to be under-taken in order to maximize their learning potential in each and every class. I will also be emailing these spreadsheets home as well on a bi-weekly basis.  Please send me an email at m.j.bresciani.rcsd.ca if you have not recieved a copy of them electronically. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss each student’s progress and to help ensure that the academic plan that we have for each and every student is the right one for them. Please remember too that if you cannot meet with me on the scheduled dates or if you feel that you need more time I am always willing to make myself available before or after school on any given day.
 
 
Upcoming Due Dates & Homework:
Arts. Ed:
Twin Portrait Reflection is due tomorrow, November 27th



Religion:
Saint Research Assignment is now overdue


Reminders:

-Parent/Teacher interviews are on November 28th and 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment