Friday 12 April 2013

What We learned Today....April 12th

All decked out for Beach Day!
This morning we had our usual AR period from 9:00 - 9:30 before moving on to ELA.  In ELA, we quickly reviewed the key points about Green Energy and Sustainability that we learned from the past two videos.  Students then got into groups of 5 or 6 and began to work on their new assignment: Environmental Issues Murals.  For this assignment students will need to select an issue that is facing our environment today, and using only images, create a mural that depicts the issue. 
In Grade 8 Math students were incredibly excited (not really) to write their Unit 6 Math Test. We will be starting Unit 7 on Monday which deals with Surface Area and Volume.

After lunch the students had French and they continued to work on their Food Picture Dictionary assignments. I have not determined an exact due date for this assignment but I will post it next week based off how much time we have for French. 
At 1:15 the students had Science with Mr. Csada and began working on their second Cell Lab. I've been informed that this assignment will be due next Friday, April 19th.   During the last hour of the day the students had Arts. Ed with Ms. Norris and continued to practice and even preform their Fairy Tale Tableaus with Ms. Norris.

Due Dates & Homework:
Math:
Grade 8
Handout 6.6 is due on Tuesday, April 16th
Grade 7:
McCulloch -

Weber -

Science:
Quiz next week...Tuesday I believe

Overdue Assignments:
1) Lenten Booklet Plan & Service****
2) Cinquain Poems
3) Written Rant
Reminders:
-Students, make sure to check Edmodo over the weekend and log into the e-text book.  If you cannot get into edmodo or your e-text, please send me an email and I will send you your username and password again.  My email is m.j.bresciani@rcsd.ca

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the Science quiz, I think even your recent posts u didn't even mention it.

    -Khadeeja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had no idea! Thanks I'll add it right now and on Edmodo.

      Thanks Khadeeja, don't know what I would do without you!

      Delete