Wednesday 26 November 2014

What We Learned Today...November 26th



The day that every students looks forward to has finally come! No, no, it's not the last day of school. It's Report Card Day! What....You're not excited about it??? Hmm...well maybe it's just me because it means they're finally done. My Bad!!

Here's a snapshot of our day today:

ELA: We spent the first half of our class reading Chapter 16 of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone together before the band students had to leave. For the remainder of the class, students worked on their Guiding Questions for Chapter 15 and 16.


Genius Hour/Health: Due to it being a band day, the remaining students used this period to meet with me about their progress so far this year and their goal setting for term two. When students weren't meeting with me, they were working on their Genius Hour Progress Blog Posts.

Health Continued: In order to ensure I had a chance to meet with each and every student, we took a little more time to go through the Goal Setting Documents. Once we finished up with the meetings, the students each filled out an anonymous term one reflection about our classroom. These reflections asked the students to write about what they've enjoyed so far this year, what they would change to help them learn better and what they would like to see more of next term. 
 I believe these reflections are incredibly important to help me grow in my teaching as well as our classroom environment moving forward. Even though I'm a teacher, I'm still a learner too. I continually learn how to do my job better each and every day and these reflections will help me to do just that!

Social Studies: During the last hour of the day we looked at the terms, "Import", "Export" and "Fair Trade" as well as how Imports and Exports affect Canada's Economy.  


Note about Report Cards: I have attempted to pack them with as much detail as I could. Besides the report card you will also receive an emailed spread-sheet of all of the assignments and tests that I gave to your daughter / son for every class that I taught to them.It is a useful method to start a discussion about what is working well and / or what improvements need to be under-taken in order to maximize their learning potential in each and every class. Please send me an email at m.j.bresciani@rcsd.ca if you have not received a copy of them electronically. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss each student’s progress and to help ensure that the academic plan that we have for each and every student is the right one for them. Please remember too that if you cannot meet with me on the scheduled dates or if you feel that you need more time I am always willing to make myself available before or after school on any given day.

Upcoming Due Dates & Homework


Math:
4.2 due Tomorrow

Pg. 142
a) 5, 7, 8, 10, 12
b) 5, 8-13
c) 5, 8-16


Reminders:

-Parent Teacher Interviews  - November 27th (Evening) and November 28th (Morning) Please remember to sign up for an interview tonight or send me an email if you would like to meet another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment