Thursday 27 June 2013

That's a Wrap...The last day of school!

The Bresciani Bunch on the final day of school.

With mixed emotions I write the last blog post of the 2012-2013 school year.  We have had such a great year and I feel very blessed to have had such a wonderful group of students to work with this year.  Being my very first year as an educator I was unsure what to expect when I got my very own class, and man was I ever lucky! Each and every student in our class was absolutely amazing and really made our class such an awesome place to be each day.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to begin my teaching career! So students thank you so much for making this such a memorable year for me! You such an amazing group of people that will always be one of the highlights of my teaching career.  Parents, I would also like to thank you as well for all your support this year as well as the wonderful job you've done in raising your sons and daughters.  I know my year also wouldn't have been as amazing without you, so thank you!

I'm really going to miss everyone over the summer but would like to wish the Grade 8's all the best in High School and the Grade 7's all the best in Grade 8 next year!

Now on to our last day of school....


This morning we started our day out with a massive indoor snowball fight (or as the students called it, "Paper War").  The students all stock piled some of their scrap paper while we were cleaning up this week and first thing this morning, crumpled them up into balls.  Then we grabbed some mats from the gym and set them up in the classroom as shields before we begin our epic scrap paper war!  While it only lasted a short time it was definitely a lot of fun and the students seemed to enjoy burying their teacher in scrap paper! Once the war was over we started the long task of picking up all the paper and restoring our room back to it's former shape.

Here's some pictures from our war:




At 10:30 we headed out of the school to meet Mr. McCullochs class at the Spray Park.  Students spent the next hour here enjoying the water, playing soccer, basketball and for some students, playing on the baby swing! (*Cough...Ryan...Brett)

After lunch each senior class had a different activity going on (movies and some video games) so students had the choice to hang out in the room of their choice.  In our room we had some pretty epic games of Halo 4 and an even more epic game between Mr. McCulloch, Mr. Csada and myself.  (I think Mr. Csada and Mr. McCulloch are still used to the Atari so the Xbox was probably a little advanced for them!)

To end the day we opened up our time capsule from the beginning of the year and students got a chance to read some of their thoughts from their first day of grade 7 or 8 as well as what some of their interests were at the time.  I know for a lot of the students this time capsule really showed how much they've grown and changed over the past 10 months, which is crazy because it seems like such a short time!

As I said above, I have really treasured my time with these students and couldn't have asked for a better group to teach this year.  I wish everyone nothing but the best and hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful summer!

Thanks for everything!

ps. Check back tomorrow for one mini post. I'll try to upload the Grade 8 Farewell slide show and video!

-Mr. B

No comments:

Post a Comment