Tuesday 4 September 2012

My Personal Playlist



For your upcoming ELA assignment you will be tasked with creating 5 Musical Playlists.  You will need to create a playlist with a minimum of 5 songs for each of the following categories:

1) Pump Up & Engage
2) Get into the Zone & Concentrate
3) Chill & Relax
4) Music for when I'm feeling "Goofy or off the wall"
5) Songs that make me Think & Contemplate.

Remember you will need to write an explanation for one song in each playlist and explain why you chose it and how it fits in the particular playlist.

*Please ensure that you are selecting music that is school appropriate!

To help you with your own playlists I have included my own personal playlists below.  Who knows? Maybe we have some of the same songs on our Playlists!

Mr. B's Playlists:

Pump Up & Engage:

Start Me Up by the Rolling Stones

Let's Ready to Rumble by Jock Jams

Blue Orchid by White Stripes

Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

We Will Rock You by Queen

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis

Get into the Zone & Concentrate:

Pachelbels Canon in D by Pachelbel

The Cave by Mumford and Sons

M79 by Vampire Weekend

Walk Alone by Jack Johnson

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

The Show by Lenka

Chill & Relax:

Knee Deep by  Zac Brown Band

Free Falling by Tom Petty

Were Here For a Good Time by Trooper

Something Like Olivia by John Mayer

Days is Almost Gone by Derek Trucks Band

Our Song by Taylor Swift    (Wouldn't feel right if I didn't add this one too)

Goofy or off the wall:

Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves

Grace Kelly by Mika

The Monkeys Theme by the Monkeys

The Hamster Dance Song by Hampton the Hamster

The End of the World As We Know It by Great Big Sea

Mmmbop by Hanson

Songs That Make Me Think & Contemplate:

MLK by U2

When Pink is Just a Colour Again by Kal Hourd

Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson

Imagine by John Lennon

American Pie by Don McLean

HIStory by Michael Jackson

I've only included a sample size of the songs that you would find on my own personal playlists because I didn't want to fill my entire blog with songs! If you want to know any other songs that I would put on my Playlists feel free to ask me.




No comments:

Post a Comment